Chennai
+91 73373 111 88

Male Pattern Hair Loss

Hair loss or baldness can occur in both males and females’ alike but is mostly seen in males. In fact, hair loss is believed to affect more than 40% of people In India. Baldness associated with age is a normal phenomenon caused due to the normal process of aging. As of late, however, males between the ages of 20-40 are complaining of hair loss and visiting hair clinics more often. Receding hairlines, loss of hair above the temples or behind the head are some of the areas where hair loss is common.

What Causes Hair Loss in Males?

There can be numerous reasons for an individual to suffer from hair loss. Males with a family history of air loss are more prone to suffer from baldness. Some people have hair loss as a result of certain medications, especially chemotherapy drugs. There are also certain medical conditions that also at times cause hair Loss. In some instances, stress also plays a role in individuals having hair loss. The most common cause for hair loss in males is hereditary

Hair Loss in males can be treated with medications, home remedies, and surgery. The medications normally used for treatment of hair loss are Minoxidil and Finasteride. Traditionally, Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE and Follicular Unit Transplantation or FUT were the most preferred hair transplant surgery techniques. However, as of recent Direct Hair transplantation or DHT and Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP treatments have come into prominence as the most effective way of hair restoration. Dr. Rajeshwari’s Clinic utilizes the DHT and PRP modes of treatment with precision to provide 100% natural looking hairs to all its patients.Scalp Micropigmentation: This is yet another innovative hair loss solution in which there is replication of thick full hair by using special pigment or ink that is applied on the scalp with extremely fine needles to create small impressions thus giving an illusion of hair.

Hair Loss in Males is primarily caused by Androgenetic Alopecia, Telogen Effluvium and Alopecia Areata. Androgenetic Alopecia is the primary for hair loss in males. This is followed by Telogen Effluvium and Alopecia Areata.

Androgenetic Alopecia is commonly known as male pattern baldness. It is a genetic disorder with signs of hair loss being evident in people as young as 20 year olds. The primary characteristic of this disorder is gradual thinning of the hair line and disappearance of hair from the scalp.

Telogen Effluvium is the second most common cause of male pattern hair loss. Scientifically, about 90% of hair follicles actively produce hairs while the other 10% are in a static phase called as Telogen phase where no hairs are produced. Telogen Effluvium occurs when maximum hair follicles enter the Telogen phase and stop producing hairs.

Alopecia Areata on the other hand is an autoimmune disorder where the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles and damages it thus inhibiting production of hairs.

Whatsapp Us!